I am happy to report that the Foundation is well-positioned to fulfill our mission of supporting the Boca Grande Health Clinic, our incredible community resource dedicated to providing high-quality, compassionate healthcare to the island. Through primary and preventive care, chronic care management and healthcare education, our Clinic is committed to the health and well-being of Boca Grande.
During the past year, truly a challenging time for all, the Foundation has observed many successes.
- We navigated a very smooth transition of leadership in the Foundation office. In April, Mary Anne Hastings retired after serving as Executive Director for 15 years, and Cannon Wenzel was appointed to succeed her. Yuliy Fedoryshyn joined the staff as Executive Assistant.
- The Annual Giving Campaign raised more than $1,400,000. It was the most successful campaign in the history of the Foundation, and we extend a very sincere thank you to our many generous donors.
- The Hank Wright Auction was held virtually due to the pandemic, and it was a tremendous success, raising over $240,000. The Clinic identified their greatest immediate need this past year as Personal Protective Equipment and during the auction, an additional $50,000 was raised directly for PPE. The auction will move to the Fall season beginning in November of 2022.
- Our Endowment grew appreciably to over $60 million. We received a significant Planned Legacy gift and several major pledges, and our investment returns have been rewarding. The Board developed and approved an Endowment Spending Policy designed to assure that we can continue to meet anticipated financial needs of the Clinic going forward.
- The Foundation is now sponsoring our Healthnetwork GOLD support plan for over 350 major donor families. Healthnetwork offers our members unique access to the most prestigious medical institutions in the United States.
- Bob Freeman retired in April after serving three years as Chair of our Board, and I would like to thank him for his enthusiastic dedication to the Foundation. Under Bob’s leadership, our donor base was substantially broadened, and we surpassed the recent Capital Campaign goal of $5 million.
In the coming year, the Clinic will celebrate its 75th Anniversary. For this occasion the Foundation will host a gala street party on April 7, 2022, to revel in this momentous occasion and to thank our entire island community for their support.The Hank Wright Golf Tournament will be held the next day, on April 8, 2022, at the Lemon Bay Golf Club.
BGHC has completed a comprehensive study of its staffing, operations and procedures and will be rolling out a 5-Year Master Plan to guide its strategic programs over the next few years. There will be some new and exciting initiatives designed to better position the Clinic to serve our community. This includes the introduction of teambased patient care model and partnerships with local providers. The needs of our Clinic will grow, and the Foundation must be prepared.
We very much appreciate your commitment in partnership with the Foundation to the continuing success of the Boca Grande Health Clinic.
What’s NewSee All Recent News
The Clinic Staff, including Dr. Raymond James, Natalie Cole, Kelsey Chavarria and Dana Pellant, reflects on a year like no other.
What if you or a loved one suddenly needed access to the nation’s very best doctors? Could you make one call to Healthnetwork’s compassionate medical coordinator andreceive immediate access to the most prestigious medical institutions across the U.S.? There are over 300 families on Gasparilla Island who can. It’s our valuable gift of thanks to […]
I am happy to report that the Foundation is well-positioned to fulfill our mission of supporting the Boca Grande Health Clinic, our incredible community resource dedicated to providing high-quality, compassionate healthcare to the island.